NTA UGC NET/JRF/SET
UGC NET or NTA UGC NET exam is conducted twice every year by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for determining the eligibility of the candidates for Assistant Professorship, Junior Research Fellowship, or both for Indian Universities and Colleges. The NTA UGC NET exam is conducted twice in the month of June & December every year. Though there is a provision for conducting the UGC NET exam twice a year. National Eligibility (NTA) will be conducting UGC NET 2023 (June 2023) session for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to be recruited by the Indian Govt. Universities and Colleges.
UGC NET Educational Qualification
– Candidates must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from UGC-recognized Universities/Institutions.
– The qualifying exam has to be passed in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science.
– Candidates should have scored 55% marks and 50% marks for reserved category students.
– Candidates, appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
– 5% relaxation is given to Ph.D degree holders in aggregate marks. Such candidates should have a Master’s degree examination which shall be completed by 19th September 1991.
UGC NET Age Limit and Relaxation
Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) – Not more than 31 years.
– Relaxation of 5 years is provided in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories.
– Three years of relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates with an L.L.M. degree. A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces up to the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held.
– Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.
UGC NET Exam Pattern
UGC NET 2023 Examination shall be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT) only. The Online Test will consist of two papers. both the papers will consist of objective-type, multiple-choice questions. There will be no break between two papers.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||50||100||03 hours (180 minutes)|
Note: For each correct response the candidate will get 2 marks but there is no negative marking for incorrect answer.
UGC NET Paper Details
Exam Mode: The entrance test will be organized in Online CBT mode.
Number of Papers: There will be two papers for the exam – Paper-I and Paper-II.
Number of Questions: A total of 150 questions will be there in the exam paper. 50 questions in Paper I and 100 questions in Paper-II.
Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple-choice type questions.
Language Medium: The question paper will be available in the medium language of English and Hindi.
Time Duration: Paper I will be of 1-hour duration while Paper II will be of 2 hours.
Total Marks: Paper 1 will be 100 marks and Paper-II will be 200 marks.
Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 2 marks will be given. There will be no provision of negative marking for incorrect answers.
UGC NET Syllabus
NTA has released UGC NET Syllabus 2023 exam along with its official notification. A candidate must know the syllabus of the exam before preparing for the same. UGC NET 2023 exam will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) consisting of two papers, i.e., Paper I and II conducted in a single session (No break between both papers).
UGC NET Selection Procedure
Candidates qualifying for the entrance test of UGC NET 2023, will be selected in the subject-wise and category-wise merit list published online. Top 6% of total students who have appeared for both the papers in the test will be considered qualified for the entrance test. Admission into various Indian Universities or Institutions for the position of Assistant professor or JRF will be offered on the basis of cut-off score secured as per their categories. The top 15% of candidates from each category and subject will be selected and declared eligible for Assistant Professor Position only.